Both Lt Col Wood and Mr Nordstrom testified today before the congressional committee and each agreed that security at the Libya embassy was inadequate. Requests to increase it were denied. Part of the evidence they gave included more than 230 terrorist attacks in Libya between June 2011 and July 2012, 48 of which occurred in Benghazi.
Nordstrom: “Our long term security plan in Libya was to deploy an armed, locally hired Libyan body guard unit. Due to Libyan political sensitivities, armed private security companies were not allowed to operate in Libya.”
Ms Lamb, a Deputy Assistant Secretary somewhere in the State Department, testified to the contrary. “Sir, we had the correct number of assets in Benghazi at the time of 9/11 for what had been agreed upon.” She was referring to security assets. The thing is it’s not her decision, she takes orders from the upper levels.
Dig through and contemplate all of these numbers, who said what, the fact that there was no protest, the video was a lie… to the end of time, it’s all missing the real issue.
Why did Obama think the locals were more qualified to protect our embassy than our military? Obama’s plan was to train the locals to take over for our SEALS and other highly specialized 20 year veterans in a country which is extremely unstable, the attack numbers are listed up top. We touched on the Family aspects of Obama’s goals this morning. Our borders are essentially open. Gitmo prisoners are not being tried. Illegals are receiving rights. Iran is being permitted to build nukes. Fast and Furious helped the Cartel. Obama is defunding our military.
The 99% has nothing to do with the rich, it refers to the remainder of the world. The 1% Obama keeps talking about represents America. He got caught in Libya protecting the rest of the world while destroying the 1%.